One of my FAVOURITE ways to release those aching knots… the trigger point ball!
What is a trigger point ball?
- Put it simply… it’s like foam rolling but allows for a more targeted and more precise relieve to aching muscles.
What does a trigger point ball do?
- The main objective is to achieve the release of muscular knots by applying just the right amount of pressure without causing a shock to your nervous system.
- Once you have found the right location and applied just the right amount of pressure relax and breathe as the muscle begins to melt and the sensation fades to about 70% of the original intensity!
The key to achieve the desired melting of the muscular knot is for you to relax into the ball and experiment with different positions.
Its also important to focus on a few knots at a time. It helps to start with the muscles that have the greatest amount of tension first!
Where can you use the trigger point ball?
- A trigger point ball is super beneficial in targeting muscles of the back, neck, hips, thighs, hamstrings, calves, chest, piriformis and gluts: targeting of these muscles is best done when you lie down on the trigger point ball, pitching it between the desired targeted muscle and the wall or floor.
It will take a bit of practice to figure out how best to maximize pressure effectively to muscles and the relieve of muscular tension!
How to use a trigger point ball effectively:
- In this tutorial I target the rhomboids and rotator cuff using the cork ball, using some active movements to work deeper into the angles of the muscle fibres.
The foam ball focuses on the myofascial system to:
• Reduces muscle tension, soreness & discomfort
• Improves blood flow
• Increases body awareness
• Aids in injury prevention and rehabilitation
GIVE IT A GO AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON!
- Georgia 🤍